Monday, August 11, 2008

One of my many Pet peeves..

NEGATIVE PEOPLE! This one person in particular is NEVER encouraging or optimistic about anything anybody is doing. I tend to think it's a jealously thing. EG: I've never had a 'great, fulfilling job'..it was just whatever paid the bills. uumm, well, as I see it, I you're given the chance to go for it- scared to death or not, do it. You can't stay stuck in a dead end, boring, lifeless job, solely b/c it pays the bills. What's wrong with having the best of both worlds? At least partly! NO, I'm not thinking that life is all sugar and spice, but if some people want to take a leap of faith and further their education and move on to exciting new careers, then by golly, JUST DO IT. God doesn't want ANY of us to settle with average achievements, he wants us to push and strive to accomplish a little more..not to be greedy, but go out and get it!!

None of us are 10000% convinced that the everyday decisions we make are the right ones,but if we believe in our hearts, that our decision today IS right for us, then it is.. Sink or swim. do or die. You can't say it won't work if you don't try it first!!

So, for us that ARE making a change and going for something new and different, YOU GO GIRL(S)!! And to those of you that are positive and supportive to us, THANK YOU! We will need a ton of encouragment and support throughout the next little while. When we are doubting ourselves and/or our life's decisions, lift us up. Speaking for myself, I have given MOST of my career choice making to the Lord, and I DO KNOW that he is going to guide and direct me to where I'm supposed to be. And hopefully help me figure out what I want to do when I grow up!!!

3 comments:

Michele said...

Girl...I hate that too about certain folks (I know of a few myself)...seems like they are NEVER happy for anyone or anything! You hit the nail on the head...I think it's jealousy and the fact that they must not be happy with themself so being negative to other people's decisions must make them feel better (or at least it does for a very short time)! Go for your dreams girl and don't worry about what those folks say (just pray for them)!!!!

Mandy said...

I think that is the problem with us women, we care too much about what people think...their opinions. The one's that will be affected most by our decisions should be the only ones we should concern ourselves with. In your situation, Jamie, the kids and the ones that are helping take care of the kids between your schooling and Jamie's work schedules. I applaud you for going for it! This will also be an a great example for Karley and Bowen, never give up on your dreams and fight for what you want. You know the saying, Opinions are like @$$ holes, everyone's got one, but Tina,it is up to you if you want to stand there and smell the stink...lol...GOOD LUCK!

Tina said...

Thanks you two... I am better today, and had a good first night at school.. I told Jamie almost the same thing, as long as he was on my side, to heck with all of the non-believers!! We know I can and will do this!!