Monday, August 4, 2008

My Super Duper Birthday weekend

Well, I started off Friday morning with lots of calls and the kids telling me "Happy Birthday Mommy!" a thousand times. Jamie got me the most heart felt gift I think I have EVER received. He got me a new Bible. The New International Version, which I what I've been saying for months that I wanted... That was SO special, particularly getting it from Jamie.. and a sweet card!! Karley self crafted me a very special card!! So then we spent the day cutting grass, weed eating, pulling weeds, playing with the puppies and goats! Which was EXACTLY what I told Jamie I wanted to do!

Friday night we loaded up and hit RR to go to Lone Star, WalMart, and Belk! I bought myself a new bathensuit top with some of my b-day money.. I spent my 21st birthday at Lone Star (yep, with Jamie), so I guess it was 'fitten' to go there for the 31st!! Jamie treated me with the LONE STAR birthday song, which was rather embarrasing but the kids thought it was fantastic.. and when they were done singing, Bowen belted out "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!" and of course all the waitresses thought he was adorable..Yeah, Jamie's son for sure--working the ladies!! It was VERY special that Jamie went all out to honor me on this day.. My eyes filled with tears throughout the day and night about every 30 minutes..just thinking of how truely blessed I am to have him and my healthy children, among many other blessings!!

On Saturday, we went to the Watermelon Festival Parade.. I was not as impressed than I have been in years past. It was smaller than usual, but the kids enjoyed it. Then we went on to the river to spend the day and go out to eat at Riverside that night.. There we met up with Mama, Daddy, 'Uncle' Peter, 'Aunt' Patty, Jason, Ashleigh, and their 3 kids, and one nephew!! Yes, that totaled up to 7 kids!! We had a BLAST!! Boat riding, talking, and catching up with Jason and Ashleigh... And Ashleigh and I got on the innertube.. Actually the BIG MABEL!! and boy, the guys and kids thought it was hilarious.. and it was! A little sore yesterday, but not as bad as I expected it would be.. We just had a wonderful day and night!!

Overall, one of the BEST birthdays I've ever had!!

3 comments:

Michele said...

Girl, I rode a BIG MABEL a few weekends ago at Lake Gaston with my sister and friend Brandi...had a blast BUT I was VERY SORE the next day!!! That's the 1st time I had ridden a Big Mabel, we usually ride the round tube! So much fun! Glad you had a great birthday! Sounds like you had a weekend of FUN!!!

Keri said...

Glad you had a great birthday weekend. What a sweet family you have that made it so special for you!

Mandy said...

Sounds like ya'll had a blast! Jamie told Charlie about how sore you were...it is funny how something fun can work those muscles you forgot you had!