Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Larry Wayne Parker 08/10/54-11/23/08

When trying to gain control of ALL my emotions and type this, bare with me.

I have been a part of this family for some 22+ years. I babysat the kids, vacationed with the family, and later just became one of the kids. I can't count the MANY days and nights and meals I shared with them. And the 'family' photos we trotted off to RR to take. And the races we went all over NC to. The family arguments we often had with raising pre-teen and teenagers!! The food fights we had. The tears and laughter we shared. The good, bad, and ugly that any family had!! To say I love this family is a HUGE understatement.

As I sat with the Parkers yesterday, we spoke that we NEVER in a million years expected he would die this way. We all had bets he'd die in a car wreck going 100+ mph in one of many fast cars this man was SO passionate about. I never thought I'd get the call that such a giving and loving, kind and compassionate man would be gunned down on his very own back porch while his wife, step-daughter, and grandaughter fought for their lives a few 10 steps away.

This man was a father to many, a brother, an uncle, a grandaddy, a life savor to many. He was a dynamic mechanic and a devoted friend to many. I never knew him to have any enemies. Plain and simple, a GOOD MAN!

Please continue to pray for this family and the family of the other victims- whom on last report, the mother is expected to pull through. Praise God!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to you Tina, and everyone that was close to Larry Wayne and the other victims.

Michele said...

I am sooo sorry to hear of this. I just couldn't believe my eyes/ears when I heard the news on TV. I don't know any of the victims but my heart goes out to all of their family and friends. I will keep all of them in my thougts and prayers.

Judson's Mommy said...

I do not know what to say.... I am so sorry. I will keep the Parker family and friends in my thoughts and prayers.

Keri said...

I'm so sorry - this is just unbelievable. I'll be praying.

Kelly Vann said...

Tina, I haven't been able to read your blog until today because I knew I would cry and be so sad. I am so sorry for your loss and the loss of the families. I don't know what to say to make it better except you know we are all here for you if you need us or anything.