Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bowen is Going Potty!!

Yes, that's right, my baby is potty trained!!!! He started Tuesday and had 3-4 accidents. I trained both of mine with underwear..Karley might have used 5 pull ups the entire time. Bowen REFUSES to wear one. He says "I aint wearing no diaper!!" So, Tuesday night, he stayed dry ALL NIGHT. Then at home yesterday and all last night, NO ACCIDENTS at all..He even pooped on the big potty!! So, we gave Judson all our diapers today! More than a whole box of Pampers...

My proven theory on potty training girls or boys, DO NOT force it on them. They will do it when they're ready and not one day before!! Karley was FULLY trained in 2-3 days and it looks like Bowen will be too.. And when I say 'trained', there aren't ANY accidents ever! My kids know how to pee and poop beside the road if need be!! Jamie can take credit for Karley pooping in a cotton field, but that's a whole different blog!! LOL!

10 comments:

Michele said...

Yeah Bowen! I will have to give your tip to Whitney...she is so ready for Tucker to be potty trained!

Tina said...

Can't say I'm an expert, but I'll give my opinion and the tried and trued tales!! It isn't easy, but it's not easy for them either!!

Donielle said...

Way to go Bowen! That's a huge milestone...for him, you, and Jamie!

Judson's Mommy said...

YAY.. for Bowen. We really appreciate the diapers. Judson said thank you Mr. Bowen..

Kelly said...

Yay Bowen! All 3 of mine were different and your right, you can not force it on them, you have to wait until they are ready.

Kelly Vann said...

Tina, Help!!! I can't get my boys potty trained for nothing. They have been wearing pull-ups since this early this summer. They were doing so well this summer with not messing their pull up much at all, but then they just gave up. They know how to use the potty, but just won't. I guess I will have to try the underwear thing. Dawson was wearing underwear all day at daycare this summer and doing well and just started peeing in them and they had to go back to pull-ups.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Bowen!!! You don't have babies anymore, Tina.

Tina said...

Kelly, Pull Ups don't give the kids a negative consequence like the felling of being wet.. You just as well put a diaper on them.. Underwear all the way. And too, they're probably just not ready.. and YOU have to REALLY be ready too.

Keri said...

Yeah for you!!!! I can't wait for Caleb to be done with diapers.

Kelly Vann said...

Yeah I guess you are right Tina. I need to put underwear on them one weekend and stay home I guess. But how do you know when they are ready to try that?