Monday, November 3, 2008

Hold your breath as you read

Well, most of you ladies won't believe what you're about to read, but it's the TRUTH!!

I've been going to Open Arms Church for about 10 or so months now. I've been praying for the 'knee bending, back breaking experience' that I've heard SO much about. Well, unfortunately for me, I was beginning to doubt all that jive. Thinking it was just crazy folks that over exaggerated their personal experiences when called to answer God's plan.

Hang in there with me as I take you back to a week or so.. I had a little too much to drink two Fridays ago.. And suddenly, I didn't drink a drop all last week. That's REALLY uncommon for me!! Now, I'm not an alcoholic or anything, but I love to take a drink with the best of them!! Then, I talked to Donielle for 2 HOURS on Wednesday night--we spoke for a while about religion and being saved, sinning and always gonna be a sinner(something I've struggled with understanding).. I had a few beers Saturday afternoon, and then went on to the Halloween party Saturday night. Had a blast.. Drank all I wanted, even had a shot of something like 'fire in a bottle' with my girl, Shirley!! Drank more, danced even more, and then something unexplainable occured! Brace yourself. I took a sip of my beer, had at LEAST a half a beer left, and walked to the trash can and threw it away! Yes, Tina threw a perfectly good beer away, and no I wasn't drunk or sick! Then about 11:30, I approached Jamie and asked him if he was ready to go home... SHOCK-this never happens!

So, yesterday morning, like all the rest, I got up took the kids to Sunday School and while I was in the restroom (of all places!) I started humming a song that we havn't sung in a LONG time..But it was in my head STRONG! Yeah, yeah, whatever...On to Praise and Worship--what was the 2nd song, yep you guessed it--that song.. Shelley might be able to verify that we haven't had this song in a good little spell-"Lord, I Lift Your Name on High"..anyway, by about the 10th word, I broke out in a CRAZY hot sweat, and began to sob like a newborn baby!!! NO JOKE!! And no, all I have been smoking are my Salem Lights!!

This was like NOTHING I had ever imagined.. I really believed that this experience would be like so many other fantastic things in my life--shared with Shelley(after all, it was HER idea that I try this church).. Moving right along, I couldn't make it to the preacher, but I grabbed my friend Mrs.Joan (whom I have talked with at length numerous times about all this in Sunday School) out of the Praise and Worship team, and simply said, "I'm ready!" She cried, I cried more, we cried even more! Then I front of all my church family, minus my bestest friend (another Chapter), I committed my life to God!! WOO-HOO!

So, yes, I have officially and publically been saved! We have several others in church that are waiting to be Baptized also, so we will soon set a date for all that!! I LOVE this feeling and this NEW me that I have uncovered. I wanted to shout it from the roof top..and still do! I didn't have my cell with me, so I had to ride 35 minutes home without telling a single person, except the kids of course! I'm still teary about my transformation..

So, for the non-believers, you just keep thinking that God won't ever TAKE control of your life and work in mysterious ways through you. It does happen, and can happen to anyone that turns things over to him. And I'm living, breathing proof that God loves all of us and will accept you with ALL your faults--even partying, trouble making, rednecks like me!! Keep praying and believing in his power! It works! You need him in your life. Praise the Lord!!

11 comments:

Keri said...

Wonderful for you Tina! I'm so happy for you.

By the way, I'm getting baptized too this month. Funny, huh?

Donielle said...

Yay Yay Yay Tina!! I'm so happy for you...now you know girl! By the way, I forgot to wish Bowen a happy happy birthday. Better late than never I guess.

Tina said...

Keri: that is wierd.. It's such a great feeling! And Donielle, thank you for the talks, support and prayers!!

Shelley and Such said...

You and God could have waited for me, LOL! Seriously, I am SOOO proud of you girl! I kept thinking you would all summer...now its fall...and I just was not sure but I knew it was out of my control. God led me to lead you to Him, then I knew I had to let Him do the work...and you know I am a control freak! SOOOO proud of you and you KNOW I will be there for the baptism with my camera in hand to take pics of your mascara running! And mine will be too!
All the glory to Him...but still upset about the timing, LOL!

Shelley and Such said...

And of course Mom spilled the beans to me yesterday afternoon! LOL!

Michele said...

I am so happy for you:-)

Tina said...

Well, I thought it would be so 'planned' as we like to do things--but Mr. Bill wasn't there either-- he hasn't missed a Sunday since I 've been going!! Just plain wierd-- I was gonna stop by and tell you yesterday, but you were already gone.. THANK YOU will never be enough!

Tina said...

and talk about mascara running.. whew!!!this all struck and I couldn't put my hands on a kleenex ANYwhere-- Karley ran to the bathroom to get me some tissue...so sweet!~

Judson's Mommy said...

Tina I am so proud of you. I know it is a great fealing.

Keri said...

Have you heard Trace Atkins new song? It's called "Baptize Me" and it is so good. You will find it particulary awesome - I first heard it as we were pulling into the church parking lot Sunday. Yeah, God was clearly telling me something!!

Tina said...

I'll check that song out..