Tuesday, May 27, 2008

VERY random, but hopefully satisfying!

"Do you believe in true forgiveness and having peace in YOUR skin?"

I do. I know first hand that this is a hard thing to achieve, but once you've found your way, life is easier.

You all know that I've never been a very religious person, but about 6-7 months ago, I started attending a church that truely opened my eyes to a different kind of world. A world filled with true acceptance of ALL walks of life. A world filled with love. A world filled with forgiveness. Now, I'm not good enough to quote scripture, but I do know that this church and my new found life has had a huge impact on me and an even larger impact on my personal growth. Open Arms Church and my faith has strengthened my ego, my passion, my marriage, and my friendship with my dearest friend, Shelley. We, together, have grown spiritually as well as individual women. I often think, "how will I ever re-pay her for what she's has exposed me to and given me?" WEll, the answer to that is, I thank her daily by just being me. I talk to her, she listens and vice versa. And us watching each other grow (and fall occasionally) is enough re-payment for us.

I have not always lived an ideal life. I have done bad things in my life. Some of which HAVE caught up to me and took a hunk outta my butt!! I have hurt people and even my 'friends'.. But some 8 years ago, to the day actually, I asked my now best friend for forgiveness. I will spare you all the details, but I hurt her very badly, and it took several years for me to ask for forgiveness and say those 2 powerful words: "I'm sorry!" Without hesitation, she forgave me, and we became closer than we ever were. That very day, with MANY tears, she got married and I got back one of the best people I know..We have gotten married together (not to each other, Jamie!), partied together, had children together, and share our families as if they're one.. We even plan our children's parties together..LOL! Wade still owes me BIG!

So, to answer the question above-- I do believe in forgiveness, and never looking back. What's done is exactly that. DONE AND OVER. We do not have the ability to erase things in the past. All we can do is admit our wrong- doings and ask that person and God for their forgiveness. Also, I do believe in inner peace. That is something that as we grow and mature, you find. Nothing that anyone can grant you..

Admit your guilt/sins and ask for forgiveness. Talk to the ones you hold dear to your heart. Love them and let them know you love them. Respect them and yourself. Forgive yourself. Let all bad things just be. Forget it! Live a joyous life while you have one to live. And when the world seems like it's too much to bare, fall on your knees and call or email your friend(s). Friends are as dear to one as family, but friends tend to be honest and bold. They will be blunt and tell you what you NEED to hear, not what you WANT to hear. And there IS a difference!

I DO beleive that I have found peace in ME. And I do beleive I have been forgiven and forgave others. I have left yesterday and all my yesterdays in the past. Don't look back. Don't live with regrets. Pray, be good people, and do good things.

Look around, this might be your last day here. Have you completed all your unfinished business? Are you at peace with YOU? Is there someone you need to talk to today? DO it!

So, in closing (finally I know) Shelley-- thanks for your strength and forgiveness. Thank you for your undying support and love you've shown me for these 8 reunited years.. Thank you for being YOU! And now, STOP CRYING you wuss!

No comments: