Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mother's Day!




As you all SHOULD know, Sunday is Mother's Day!! This day is not all about me being a mother. It is about the moms that made me the mother I am.
First, there's my mama-"Big Mama". We are best friends! This does NOT mean that we don't disagree from time to time or that we always get along..this means, at the end of the day, regardless of what has happened, I love my mama!! I have not always been as perfect as I am now (ha ha). But my mama has stood beside me through everything. As a teenager, I would 99% of the time, tell on myself and get in trouble. I have NEVER hidden anything from her. I could always tellher everything, and did-- even the stuff she'd probably rather not know! When I got married, almost 8 years ago, it was vital that mama AND daddy walk with me and give me away. Then, she gave me HER wedding band to wear with mine. I still wear it EVERYday, a cherish it. I had her initials and her wedding date put on the inside of the band, and look forward to the day she and I can present it to Karley on her wedding day. Another wierd thing we share-- Mama was 26 years old when she had me. I was 26 years old when I had my daughter.. WOW!

Secondly, there's Janna, "Granny" the mother-in-law. This lady is very important in my life as well. We have not always had the best relationship, but for the past several years, it's awesome! She's not the typical mom-in-law. She's wonderful, caring, loving, and generous. We have alot of fun together. She has taught me alot through these 10 years that I have been a part of them. And most imporatantly, she gave me the man of my dreams!!

Lastly, there's Memama- Jamie's grandma. We live next door to her. She is almost 82 years old, and in pretty good health. She is now in remission from bladder cancer!!! She adores us and those great-grandkids! I love that we can just step across the yard and see her anytime we want--except the past 5 weeks, she's been in Georgia. But she's headed home as I speak, and we can't wait to see our Memama!! She too has embraced me being a part of her family for 10 years, and treats me like one of her own. Because I've never been so close to my grandparents, I feel as if she is MY MEMAMA too.

So, I just wanted to tell everybody how important these women are in my life. They have molded me and kept me strong through the years. Through sickness and in health-they have always been there for me and my family. They all have been instrumental in making me that crazy mama I am today!! I thank God for each of them! I LOVE YOU ALL!!

And for all of you reading this- some of our moms are not physically with us anymore. But they are still in our hearts. and never forgotten! And those that still have your mother, tell her TODAY that you love her! Show her you love and appreciate her!! Tomorrow might be too late!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all!!!

No comments: