Thursday, January 29, 2009

All the 'regular' tests are done..

Last night I took my 7th and last EMT test. Next week I have the final exam and practical exam. Last night was a milestone, b/c we have to have a 80 average on tests AND a 80 on the final exams in order to sit for the state exam on March 6.

I took the test and waited for over an hour for the results. It was a 90-which is an A b/c it's a 10 pt grading scale-- which allowed to me to have maintained my A average since August. Which I must admit was a rather large challenge.. with working 2 jobs, raising 2 small kids, and a hubby that works shiftwork.. This class was 2 nights per week and at least one Saturday per month. whew...I'm glad to almost be done completely with this.

Upon passing the state exam in March, I can and plan to go to work as an EMT. Then, if all continues to fall into place, I'll start the next certification, EMT-I in the fall or winter. Both of these have to be done before enrolling and taking Paramedic classes. whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Keri said...

Well, I don't want to say I TOLD YOU SO. But......... CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And I did know that not only could you do it, that you would do it and do it well. I'm so proud of you Tina!

Am also glad to know you have an excuse for not blogging lately - but you better get back to it after the state exam!

Michele said...

As I told you in your email...YOU GO GIRL! So proud of you as you should be of yourself:-) Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

YOU GO TINA!!!! I am so proud of you, we all knew you could do it!!!!

Donielle said...

Woohoo!! I knew you could do it Tina! Great job! Good luck on your test this week.