Thursday, April 17, 2008

What to do?

To begin with-- I KNOW I have many blessings in my life, ie: friends, family, health, a home, two kids, an awesome husband,etc. But I'm thinking, what REALLY makes a person happy?

I'm kinda 'stuck' in my present job. It's a so-so job that has many benefits- no, not 401K, health ins, dental plan, etc.. But it offers kinda unlimited paid time off. Now many of you may think, "what could be wrong with a job like that?". Well, I feel horrible everytime I need to ask for time off whatever the reason. No one else in this office can do any of my job even half way correctly. But I can do everybody else's job--now what's up with that? I feel like I have a moral tie to this job. I feel like I'm expected to stay here. Well,another disadvantage is this- if Doc dies tonight, Tina has NO job tomorrow! Now I understand that no job in 'secure' these days, but dang! Not to mention the environment that I sit in, the lack of privacy, the lack of other adult talk during the day, and the lack of 'get up and go' to do my job that I know I once had.

I KNOW in my heart that I missed my true calling. This job was and still is a way to pay bills. PERIOD! The thing is that now I have two children to support, I can't go back to school-which is where I belong! Yeah, granted, I might could get loans etc to pay for tuition, but how would I pay for the bills of running a house? Yes, a part time job is an option--but I'd never make what Jamie and I would need to live on. We don't go all out in our everyday living- our expenses are just that.. Gotta haves! Granted I might could cut out a mere $30-50 bucks a month..but that doesn't hold a candle to the light bill or my goodness, the grocery bill.. You see? So, my thought is and has been for a while, HOW??

I know I was put on the earth to be 3 things: A wife, a mother, and a nurse. Now I've got the first two dreams in the bag, but when and how will the third one come? I feel incomplete as a person to know I have a God given talent that is being wasted! My latest theory was to be a paramedic-- less school time. I would love that too.. Either would be an option. But folks, somethings gotta give. I NEED to be happy as a person inside and out. And that's the ONE thing that could fill the void I have know.

Just had to blow that out..For those of you that really didn't want hear all my issues, refer to my first post--I warned you! ! ! ! ! !

2 comments:

Keri said...

Tina -
Do you have an email address where I can write you? I have a couple thoughts on this blog.

K

Donielle said...

My thoughts...first and foremost, pray. Be straight up with him and ask for a specific sign. (ie. Lord, if it is your will for me to go back to school then send me some nursing info in the mail) Don't think I'm crazy, He'll show you he's listening. Next, if it is His will, you will have to trust Him financially. You can make it happen. Believe me...almost seven years now that I've been home. Over a year since I quit babysitting, and YES it's hard, but you find ways. There are always ways. There is my preaching for today! Good luck :0) I know you would make an awesome nurse.