Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Today's Deep Thought

Alrighty..I have had someone after me ALL day for a new blog. So, here I go.. You asked for it..

Through my 30 years of life, I have had many 'friends' to come and go. I have childhood friends, school friends, ball playing friends, partying friends, mom friends, crisis friends,on and on. Some of you fit into ALL of these categories! I have just a few that came along at one point in my life and has stayed around and toughed it out with me as I 'graduated' through these phases. And man, has it been a ride!

I think that regardless of how tight one's 'home life' or family is, some people mean as much or more to me than my blood family. As I blogged in 'my decsription', I don't have any neices or nephews and only have one sister--but I claim more than that! I surely can't list names, for fear of leaving someone out and hurting their feelings, but you KNOW who you are and which category or categories you fall into.

I've seen the Circle of Life evolve, sickness of your children, surgeries,and even the death of a friend's child. I've been involved in your marriages, fights, and some of your best days of your life. We've spent many hours on the phone or now days, emailing one another. We've took each other's side in an argument or potential fight. We've made each other laugh and spit liquids out of our noses and mouths, cry, and even pissed each other off--only to work it out later. We've spent a house apart, miles apart, and sometimes years apart-- but one thing has remained for many years, WE ARE STILL FRIENDS and sisters in my mind!

To all of you, my buds, I thank you for being a friend to me at one point or another--or at EVERY point in my life. I DEEPLY LOVE each of you differently and for different reasons. I thank God for putting you in my life. And pray that you'll stay in my life for many years to come.

And in closing, and to quote one of my bestest pals, "You like that?"

1 comment:

Shelley and Such said...

You are truly a "terrible" friend...this is the first and last time I am begging you for a darn BLOG! Here I sit crying on this Tuesday afternoon and I ASKED for it! That was good, REAL good, I don't think I could have written it better myself! But, I wrote about ice cream today...sweet, cold ice cream..something to smile about and you got to go and get all SENTIMENTAL on me!

In all seriousness, this was some of your best typing this year and yep, I did LIKE THAT!